HEAL THOSE SUMMER HEELS!
Yes I think summer has finally arrived? Are you wearing those summer sandals yet? Have you noticed how hard they feel against your heels when you walk? Is this causing you any discomfort?
Unfortunately summer sandals are great for our toes as we can spread them out and let fresh air get to them but the downside is our heels seem to suffer. Why is this?
Well most sandals have very small flat heels approximately 5mm-10mm in depth. Sandals are usually very thin and not well cushioned creating a higher impact of constant compounding and pressure on our heels when we walk. In the summer time we like to get out and about which also means we will be walking a lot more again adding more time for pressure and friction to occur. What is the end result? Hard callus or fissures can form on our heels which can cause discomfort and pain.
How can I help you?
I am a qualified Foot Health Practitioner. My professional routine foot treatments include the following:-
- Client questionnaire
- Pre-disinfection and assessment
- Toenails are burred (for thickened nails only) trimmed and filed.
- Callus (hard dry/cracked skin) is debrided (removed)
- Corns are debrided (removed) and enucleated (if hard)
- Ingrowing toenails (advice given or action taken)
- Post-disinfection, foot cream and massage
For more information please contact me via my company email or call 07732 360111. Many thanks
DONNA PEACE MPSPract/MVR S.A.C Dip. FHPT/FHPP